Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Solstice Musings

Last weekend was Summer Solstice. Me and my family hosted a gathering here on the farm on Sunday for friends of Gaias Wheel. What a wonderful evening! I am so thankful for this group of friends and their families to get together with and celebrate the Wheel of the Year. Potluck, bonfire, pony rides, Faerie house making, egg collecting, etc. etc., made for a glorious time. Here is our website:
www.gaiaswheel.com

Ok the garden is growing. Finally. We have had the sprinkler going for three days now and with the help of some really warm weather it seems to being doing the trick. My boys did some weeding tonight while I was at the SCA business meeting in Deerwood. I have been able to pick a few radishes the last couple days and actually might have some lettuces the next day or so.

Yesterday and today I picked wild rose petals and made Rose Elixar. WHAT FUN!! I can hardly wait to bottle this up and find some guinea pigs...er I mean clients who want to try it.
I have been bottling chive blossom vinegars in decorative bottles. I've made flower essences of; violet and sweet woodruff. The most coveted of all; Summer Solstice Moon & Sun Essence. Tomorrow I will make wild rose petal and borage flower essences as well.
Here is my website for herbal products:
www.cedarhavencreations.com

The Farmer's Market in Aitkin has been slow business. But the worse of it is the wind! I have had one pop-up destroyed and the second new one is bent already! I participated in the McGregor site last Thursday and it was a beautiful day. It was slow up there as well. People drive up and ask, "have any tomatoes"..."have any corn"...geeeeeez we have alot of educating to do on locally grown produce!

Ok here is my art blog;
http://rosarugosa.blogspot.com/
I'll catch up there too one day with photos of my artwork. But I do have a few projects and pictures posted there. So go take a peak if so inclined.

I have begun my studies via correspondence course for an herbalist certification. I finally quit talking about doing it and well, did it and got started. I'll keep you updated as I move along the lessons.

Please come visit us when the local group of the SCA I belong to, known as the Village of Wynandremer host a demo at the Arts In The Park in Brainerd. It is Sunday, July 6th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Gregory Park. We will have Arts & Science Projects and Demonstrations, be dressed in our garb and portraying our personas as well as some fighting. come dressed in your Renaissance garb as friends of the SCA or just come and learn about the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism).
Here is our website:
www.wynandremer.com

Tomorrow morning is soap making time. I am so behind in my potions and alchemy it isn't even funny. I really need to make Goatmilk Honey & Oats, Fisherman's Hand Scrub, Geranium Blend just to name a few. I have a Fruit Slice Fragrance Oil I would like to try for the first time. it smells yummy.

Haying season is upon us and me and the boys will be raking hay tomorrow I'm sure. Jeff was our till after dark cutting in his cousin's field where we have hay stumpage rights. The grass is abundant this year and this is a blessing.

Well, enough musings for tonight. Blessings to everyone.
Terri aka Teralyn
and also known as
SCA Persona "Tanith of Cedar Haven"

No comments: