Monday, March 30, 2009

Another winter storm coming

We (myself, Winchester and Remington my two sons) spent the day getting things ready for this storm. Predictions are 8-12 inches by Wednesday morning...please! NOOOOO!!!!
It wouldn't be so bad but we are flooding as well. It's going to be a mess.
We had another calf born. Number 41. So we are down to 4 umm maybe 5 left to go.
I thought I'd get plants started this week. We'll see. As much as I am looking forward to getting my hands in dirt and getting grounded...it just might be a matter of just dealing with the flood and the snow.
This picture is leaving the house and heading out the driveway. The first pasture on the right is where we have moved the cows to get on higher land. To the righ is Cedarbrook. Very close to the brink of the road.
The calves are of course being wild and getting on the road. The water has gone down a bit. We'll see what happens though if we get as much snow as predicted.
So as I am writing, the snow is coming down like crazy.
I'll keep posting...

No comments: